Wednesday 25 July 2012

Persuasive Writing


Room 16 has been learning about persuasive writing. Persuasive writing is when you try to persuade or convince someone to do something, buy something or believe something.

Here is Felix and Alex's persuasive reports about wearing a uniform.

Why Grey Lynn School Shouldn’t Have A Uniform
I think we definitely should not have a uniform.
Firstly, everybody knows that uniforms look disgusting because they are not the right color and might be uncomfortable.
Secondly, of course uniforms will be expensive. Just think it could be $25 and you are not a ‘thousandaire’!
Finally, uniforms are easier to lose. If you were going swimming you could easily lose it in the changing room. 
Uniforms are not practical. We should not wear them. 


By Felix


Why we shouldn’t have a uniforms 


I think that if we  had a uniform we wouldn’t get to choose what to wear. We would have to wear the same thing every day.
Secondly, if our uniforms got muddy we would have to wear them anyway.
We would have to wear the same thing over and over again.
Uniforms are bad because we would have to wear the same thing every day.
By Alex

7 comments:

  1. Hi Alex and Felix,

    You both came up with very persuasive reasons why we shouldn't have school uniforms.

    I don't think we should have uniforms at Grey Lynn School because sometimes they can be very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree I lost my jersey countless times when I was at college because they all looked the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex and Felix, Good writing boys. You persuaded me that Grey Lynn shouldn't have uniforms. I liked your reasons and agree that uniforms can be expensive by the time you have to buy everything you need. Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that too alex. I think that is a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Alex and Felix like all the reasons why we shouldn't have uniforms great work guys.

    ReplyDelete