Friday 2 March 2012

Descriptive Writing


Room 16 have been learning to write descriptions. This week we drew a picture of an alien. Then we gave our aliens a name and wrote a description. When we had all finished everybody read out their description and the class had to guess which picture it matched too.

Here is Marley's description of his alien Never Soft Eyeball.

Never Soft Eyeball

Never Soft Eyeball has 17 eyeballs. He has
three heads made out of eyeballs. He has eyeballs growing out of the eyeball heads. He also has proper eyes on his hands so wherever he puts them he can see.

If you touch his eyeballs he will disappear and will come back when you have gone. The eyeballs that are growing on him can turn into purple hair that goes backwards. He has a bucket as a foot and a shovel as the other foot.

He feels like a slimy, greasy, mouldy old alien. He smells like a bunch of horrible old cheese. He sounds like he’s choking except he isn’t.

Never Soft Eyeball has five long and short legs. He has a huge mouth on his tummy instead of it on his head.

I like my alien because there is no other species like him.

By Marley

4 comments:

  1. Aliens now thats an interesting topic. Well written Marley and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Marley, your alien may be unique but I don't think I would like to be too close to him if he smells like old cheese. Great descriptive writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marley,

    I love your descriptive words that you put in a few of those sentences.I love your title,'Never Soft Eyeball.'
    Well done.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Marley!
    I am loving your work - Loads of fabulous details...I can picture your monster in my head!
    I would love to see your picture!

    Keep up the fabulous work!
    ^.^ Matua Bryan

    ReplyDelete