Friday 10 June 2011

Our Interesting Opening Sentences

This week Room 2 was learning to write interesting opening sentences for their recounts. Interesting sentences will hook the reader in to your story and make them keep reading! Room 2 used questions, sound words (onomatopoeia) or speech in their opening sentences.

Have you watched puss in boots? Well I have.By Tes

Scrub, scrub,scrub. Clean, clean, clean. Wipe, wipe, wipe. Have you ever been a clean up person?
By briarn

When i got home from school I saw some eggs.
By Riley W

Have you ever watched What Now?
I have!By Maya

On Friday it was Grandparents Day. Nana and Poppa came.
By Jack

Have you ever watched What Now? I have
by Nicholas

Have you ever heard of methane on Uranus? I have. by Holly

Have you ever been to long bay?
Well I have. By Lola

On Monday I went to watch my uncle play hockey.By Shaan

Have you played Getting up? No you absolutely haven’t. by andre

Splash, splash, splash. The line was hooked into a beast!
By Wyatt

Yesterday my cousin Harlen came to my house.
By Ethan

On the three day weekend I made treasure.
By Livana

“Please Mum I just want to play Rugby League”
By Joel

On Friday me and my friends went to Priates of the Caribbean. By Riley H

Do you know how to knit? Well I do.
By Petra

9 comments:

  1. dear room 2 cool opening senteneses if I was reading your reconts you wood really hook me in FromLola

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Room 2 cool senteneses from your recount books.my sentence and Maya's sentence were the same

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna from Room 111 June 2011 at 4:36 pm

    Hi Room 2,

    You sentence starters were so interesting! It definitely made me want to read more! Keep up the awesome writing!

    Donna from Room 1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Room 2 I really loved the sentences what we wrote

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Holly you sentenc was really good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie - Zac's Mum13 June 2011 at 6:46 pm

    Great opening sentances Room 2. Keep up the good work. From Zac's Mum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, great working Room 2.
    I really loved your interesting sentences.
    They really hooked me in like the hook of [Captain Hook].

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jack said

    I really want to see Pirates of the Carribean 4 like Riley H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi room 2,i think space is
    great fun.From Maya.

    ReplyDelete